Sunday, July 25, 2010

A weekend of R&R- Rain and Rodeo's

What a great weekend I had! We were able to get out of town for the night and spend it with my lil sis and her family and my cousins. My lil sis lives in Woodward and each year the Elks club puts on a awesome Rodeo.
 Sharla has ask us to go every year, so this year we decided what the heck.  Kaleb went to the Lake and Chris, Kendall and I headed to Woo Town. Kendra had to work until 5:00 so she was just going to meet us there.  I called Sharla to let her know that we were heading out and she said that it had been raining. Great I thought, this is a out door event.  As we were driving this is what we saw.
And this is what we had to drive through.
The rain finally let up and I just knew that it was gonna be muggy. But to my surprise when I got out of the car it was very mild outside. Thank you Lord!
After a few hours of family time it was time to get all dressed up! I love, love, love to get all dressed up. It was lots of fun because all of us girls got ready together in the same bathroom. I felt like we were back in high school again getting ready for a night out!
Don't we just look cute!
Me and my niece Shayln.
Me and my beautiful daughter.
Then it was off to the Rodeo. It had already started when we got there and the grand stands we pretty much full so we found a good spot next to the areana. It did sprinkle on us pretty much the whole time but I brought my handy dandy umbrella

Me and my Nephew Taylor.
Me and my other Nephew Jordan.
The Rodeo was lots of fun.
Then it was off to the Rodeo dance. We had a great time there as well. The band was The Jason Boland Band.
We ended our night with a late night meal.
I hope everyone had a great weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment