Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cooking up a Storm!

I have had the pleasure of only having to work one day this week, and I am sure my husband is loving it! Why you ask? Because I have been cooking and baking like crazy! I really love to cook, but sometimes when I get off of work I just don't feel like trying to figure out a menu that everyone will eat, cook it and then clean up the mess. By the time that is all done guess what it's time for bed just so I can do it all over tomorrow. I think that is why I get in a menu rut. Sometimes it seems like I cook the same old things over and over again, because they are quick, easy and I know what they will taste like. Well needless to say this week has been a delicious exception!
I can't take all of the credit. Thank you to some of my bloggers that I follow for some great recipe's!
This was our meal Last Night. Mushroom and Onion Chicken Breast with Mushroom Rice and a Salad. Trust me the picture do not do the meals justice.
 This meal was my favorite so far. It is full of flavor. Boneless Pork Chops Smothered in a Gravy Sauce, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes with the Pork Chop Gravy Sauce over it! Both of these are definitely keepers. Yum Yum.
On top of the cooking I decided to bake some Chocolate Chip Cookie today. I tried a new recipe, and they turn out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
Here is the play by play.

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour; 1 tsp baking soda; 1 tsp. salt; mix dry ingredients together in bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine by hand, 1cup of melted butter (cooled); 1 cup granulated sugar; 1/2 cup brown sugar.

Add to wet ingredients 2 eggs (slightly beaten) and 2 tsp of vanilla.

Add the flour mixture ( mix till combined ); Add choc. chips.

Dropped by spoonfuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.

And here ya go! Very Yummy!

And here is the Happy Hubs! I love to put a smile on his face. Even though he has half of a cookie hanging out of his mouth!
I hope that everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment