Wednesday, July 21, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDALL

18 Years ago Today I gave Birth to a Beautiful 12 pound 1.2 oz. Baby Boy! Yes, I said 12 POUNDS! On July 20, 1992 at 10:00 P.M. I decided it was time to head to the hospital. Kendall was ready to make his debut. Needless to say I had no idea what I was in for. Don't get me wrong, I had been in Labor 2 times before so I knew all about that, but this Labor/Delivery was nothing like the other 2. The other 2 were a breeze compared to this one. Kendall really made me work for it, but it was worth every push.

As you can see he has grown up to be a very handsome young man.

Last night we went to our favorite restaurant to have Kendall's Birthday Dinner. Dinner was great, as always, and we were there with my cousins Rob & Heidi. The Birthday tradition at Los Potros is to bring you a dessert and sing you Happy Birthday then smear a spoonful of whipped cream in your face. Well we were done with dinner and ready to leave the restaurant and they still had not given Kendall his whipped cream. While we were paying out, Pedro came out of the  kitchen with a hat and a whole bottle of whipped cream.

And here is the result!

This morning Kendall woke up fairly early. He went up town and came home with a scratch off Lottery Ticket that he purchased all by himself.

He wasn't a winner, but he was legal!

Then it was time to get around and go to get his birthday gift. Many of you may not know, but Kendall was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when he was 11 years old. It has been a struggle for many years. With the help from my Grandpa, Kendall was able to be put on a insulin pump a little over a year ago. Kendall's Sugar Levels have never been as good as they are now. For the past few years Kendall has been wanting a tattoo. I saw a waiter in a restaurant with a tattoo of the medical symbol and asked him about it. He said that he was Type 1 Diabetic and didn't like to wear the jewelry so he just had it tattooed on his arm. I thought that was really cool and told Kendall about it. It took him a while but he began drawing a design.

I approved of the design.

Anyway I told him that I would get him the tattoo for his birthday. So Kendall made the appointment and we were to be there today at 12:00 P.M. I have never been at a tattoo parlor before and could not imagine what I was in for, but the guys that worked there were so fun. They were cracking jokes and somehow put me at ease. It was very clean there too. When the guy that was working the front counter left to go pick up lunch, he put plastic bags over the phones so that the 2 guys that were doing the tattooing could answer the phones without contaminating them . I was very impressed.

And here is the finished product. I think it is pretty cool.
HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY BABY BOY! I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment