Monday, July 12, 2010

Family, Fireworks, and Turtle Races

Man oh man, this weekend has been packed full of fun. My B.I.L Ray, ( my little sister's hubs) has been working in Lamont, which is only 15-20 min. from our house. Since he had to work on Sat. my little sis decided to come for a visit. I have 2 sister's and we all live in the great state of Oklahoma, but we all live a few hours apart, so we don't get to see each other as much as I would like. My goal is to visit them more now that I don't have any more kiddo's in High School. I know how hard it is when you have 3 kiddo's going 3 different directions, so now that I have more free weekends I plan on doing the visiting.


Medford did not do a fireworks show on the 4th, which ended up being a good idea considering all of the rain that we got over the holiday weekend. So Friday nite was the big celebration. The evening started off with the annual Turtle races. If you have never seen a Turtle race, they can be somewhat entertaining. Of course my Lil Cousin's each had a turtle. The girls decorated their initial with bows and jewels and Heidi and I super glued them to the turtles shells.


Then it was off to the races! When we got there we had to get the Turtle's registered. I believe that there were over 50 turtle's entered. What a lot of competition!

Kylie, Gracey, & Lauryn
They were so excited!

Lauryn cheering on her Turtle! Her turtle ended up winning her heat.


Gracey's Turtle got 3rd in her heet!
Little miss Kylies Turtle didn't place but daddy made sure that she was not left out!

After the races we all just kinda hung out and waited for the fireworks show. Heidi and I drove the girls down to the pond on the golf course so they could release a water turtle that they caught for a back up.

Here are a few pictures of the fireworks show.


It was a good nite with Family!

Me and my lil sis Sharla
Me and my Ky Ky!

The rest of the weekend was just spent at the house hanging out by the pool. It was a fun weekend. I hope that everyone else had a great weekend too.



No comments:

Post a Comment