Monday, July 19, 2010

Sheriff is on the Run

As many of you know, I work in two different offices at the County Court House. I truly do love both of my jobs. Both offices that I work in have a Panic Button that sends a signal to the Sheriff's Office which is next door to the Court House. In the 1 1/2 years that I have been working there I have never had to push that button and I pray to God that I never do.
Friday while at work my boss was on the phone and I was just doing the usual work for the day at my desk, when all of a sudden the door opened quickly and in pops the Sheriff! I looked up and he appeared to be somewhat winded. I said "Hi Sheriff." He said "Is there a problem?" I am totally confused at this point and start looking around the office trying to figure out what he is talking about. He then replies, "The Panic Button went off for this office!" Really, I'm thinking. Why? Then I notice it! It was me. I had accidentally bumped up against it! WHOOPS! I felt like such a dork! I apologized several times and the Sheriff accepted my apology with a smile saying, "It's ok, it keeps me on my toe's!"
This morning at work he pops in the office again. I'm thinking, Did I Do It Again? He said no everything was fine he just wanted to let me know that some baked goods would be a nice apology gesture. I totally agreed, so Sheriff, here's to you! THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE EVEN IF IT IS A FALSE ALARM!
Some delicious homemade Snickerdoodle's
I hope that I don't have to do this too often or the Sheriff might not be able to make it next door nearly as fast. Lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment