Thursday, October 7, 2010

More Remodel.

I have come to the conclusion that Wednesday's are going to kill me. Ya see I don't work at the court house on Wednesday's but I literally work my booty off at my Mom and Dad's house. However I can't gripe about it too much this week because I had so much fun:) I headed over to Mom and Dad's around noon and Mom was already working on the house. Mom loves to sit on her porch and just take it all in. I guess while she sat there she just could focus on the bad. So, Mom and Dad decided to repaint the porch until they were ready to rebuild it. When I got there she was doing some finishing touches on the painting of the pourch.
Here is the porch before.
And after!
So much better, but I still want it to be wood and not painted.
Ok back to what I was saying, I got to mom and dads at around noon and I had a mission! The biggest part of the renevation was the kitchen. We had to take down the wall separating the kitchen and the dinning room. Well, guess what? I did it!
Here is the before.

I thought I had a picture of the room before I started, but for some reason I can't find it. So this pitcure is after I took some the panelling and the frame work down. 
Here is what it looks like now! It took me ALL DAY!
After a few bumps I got her done.

Ok call me a puss, but this splinter in my thumb was the size of Texas!  I have to thank my boss for digging it out of my finger!
And as for me having so much fun doing such hard work... as many of you know my mom has had some struggles in her life, one of them being  a dependency on perscription drugs. Because of this dependency we spent many years apart. I am more than proud to annouce that I have my Mom back! She is 9 months CLEAN!  She went through re-hab and has done awesome. I cant tell you what it is like to her laugh, to see her up before noon and to connect with her again.
MOM I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SO STRONG TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!
I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment