Friday, October 15, 2010

Cookie Fun!

I meet my BFF Kristi and her 2 kids last night at Alma's (our local pool hall) for pizza and pool. I promised Colton last Saturday that we would go up there this week and eat pizza. Colton is very particular who gets to watch him while his parents are working & since I was off on Friday I asked if he wanted to come hang out with me. He said yes and we talked about making cookies and just hanging out together. When I woke up I got ahold of his grandma to see if he was still wanting to spend the day with me. She said "That's all he has been talking about all morning!" I went and picked him up and we went up town to eat at the new deli that opened down town, which I might add if you are from the area it is well worth stopping by. I had soup and a sandwich and it was VERY GOOD!
After lunch it was time to start baking COOKIES!
Can you tell by that smile how excited he was:)

He informed me that he could hold the mixer all by himself and I let him until he let go of the mixer to wipe off his hands. We kinda look mad at each other in this picture but I promise we didn't even argue one time:) I just love this kid.
Colton rolling the dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
And here we are, we are so proud of our snicker doodles and they were delicious.
As you can see Colton ate his ALL GONE!
 I couldn't leave Brooklyn out so I promised to pick her up from school. It just made my heart melt when I went up to get her and her teacher said "I see Brooklyn's ride." and she came out grinning from ear to ear. She even patted me on the leg as we walked back to the car. After a trip to the Sugar Shack for some snow cones we headed home to bake some more cookies. This time it was Brooklyn's turn.
We kinda had to rush through our mixing because they had to head to Enid for haircuts by 5:00. But Brooklyn was awesome and did a great job.
Brooklyn stirring in the Choc. Chips
And since Brooklyn had to go to Enid I didn't get a picture of her and I and the finished product. But here they are.
I would like to also announce and congratulate my BFF's on their new baby to be born in June!!!
I am so happy for the both of you Chad and Kristi and I just can't wait so I can spoil another Cink:)
CONGRATULATIONS, WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment