Monday, May 24, 2010

Yard work, the pool, & b-day parties.






I don't know about anyone else, but my weekends don't ever seem to last long enough. I always feel like we have so much to do on the weekends that there isn't a lot of time for relaxation. Of course most everything that I choose to do is exactly that, a choice, so I guess I can't complain too much. Friday after Chris and I got off of work we headed out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants (Los Postros in Blackwell.) Chris and I literally eat there at least once a week. We have been known to eat there twice in one day at times. Their Grande Cervesa with lime guts was the selling point for us, and the food isn't half bad either. Saturday was filled with yard work for me. Kendall bought a new 4-wheeler so the boys headed off to the dunes for the weekend and Chris went golfing. Yard work is a favorite of mine. I love planting things and watching them grow and I love, love, love to mow. Later that afternoon the Fosterville pool was officially opened! It is still way too cold for me, but we had a few little swimmers that just couldn't wait. Chad Cink was playing Mr. Mom for the day and brought his kids over to kill some time till Kristi made it back home. Chris even joined in the fun. That evening we headed to a 40th Birthday party for an old classmate of mine, Scott Taylor. We went to school together from the time I was in 4th grade until we Graduated High School and almost 30 years now here we are. I would like to say that we have aged gracefully! Ha Ha. I personally am not a fan of getting old, but I guess there is nothing I can do about that! I can only make the most of it and live life FULL. Sunday I did get a day of relaxation. The boys were still gone and Chris went golfing again so I just hung around and watched HGTV for most of the morning then headed outside to piddle in the yard. After Chris got home we grilled out an amazing dinner and that topped off our weekend. Now it's back to reality and the work week! I hope everyone has a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment