Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's all New to Me!





This is my very first blog. I have followed several of my friends on their blogs and thought, what the heck! I'm not sure what, if anything I will write on here. Or even what I could say that is worth reading, but I like to journal and scrap book so I figured that I would enjoy this.
I guess with this being my first blog I will tell you a little about myself and my family. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Chris, for 21 years. He truly is my best friend. We honestly do everything together and very rarely do we even fight. I have three children, Kendra 21 years old, Kaleb 19 years old, and Kendall 17 years old.
Yes, if you look at Kendra age and look at how long Chris and I have been married you will see that I was pregnant with Kendra when we got married. I have been very fortunate that everything has worked out the way it has for me. I thank God daily that this family has been together for 21 years. I have many friends who have had children with someone and that someone wants nothing to do with being a parent. Chris is a great man and father.
Kendra is my only daughter and is a mirror image of me. I have so much fun with her. She always makes me laugh and is a very loyal daughter. Kendra starts dental assistant school in August of this year and I am so proud of her. Her life seems to be falling into place.
Kaleb is the middle child. That is one thing we have in common. He is a very talented young man. He is very artistic and athletic. He received a baseball scholarship when he graduated High School. The day we moved him into his dorm I knew that something was wrong. I asked him several times what it was and he said nothing. It lasted a few weeks and that 3 hour distance was just more than he could handle and he asked to come home. So he came home and got a full time job for the rest of the year, but is talking about college again. Time will tell.
Kendall is my Baby and always will be. He weighed 12 lbs 1.2 oz when he was born and because of that I think I have always babied him. Kendall graduated High School just this past weekend. I am so proud of him. Kendall was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 6 years ago. It has been a long hard struggle but it's nothing that we haven't been able to handle.
We have 2 dogs. Well actually 3. Our 2 dogs had puppies a few months ago and we can't seem to get rid of one of them. Hence the title of by page: Fosterville Population 8!

1 comment:

  1. fosterville population 8! has a good little ring too it, and you know your going to keep that 3rd dog so you better just give it a name! love you mom :)

    ReplyDelete