Thursday, September 2, 2010

Progress

Today I have pretty much finished Mom and Dads living room. I ran out of trim paint, but I only have one more base board and 2 more window's to trim out and my part of the living room will be done. We still have some molding to hang and the floors still need to be sanded and stained. Here is a look at what the living room walls looked like when I started. It was somewhat a texture, but I didn't like it.
I used All-Purpose Joint Compound and just went right over it with a trowel and this is what I wound up with.
After the mud was dry it took 2 coats of paint to cover. After that was dry I took a rag and rubbed a stain all over the wall.
The picture does not do the stain justice. It is gorgeous!! After all the wall were done it was time to tackle the trim. Remember this is an old house, so the trim work had about 8 different colors of paint on it. I wanted the trim to be dark like the wood floors but I didn't want to strip and stain everything so after much deliberation we went with a brown color paint. I think that it looks great! I would have really liked it to be stained wood, but I knew I just couldn't get it there. I am please with the result.
This is what all the trim looked like in the living room, for that fact the whole house.
And here they are after I painted them brown. What do you think?
I am really liking how this is turning out!
Thanks for checking in on the progress! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have missed your calling....you should hire out to redecorate homes !! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, it lookss great!!! I want to come see it. Call me. Carol

    ReplyDelete