Sunday, August 29, 2010

Let the fun begin!

When Chris and I got transferred to Texas my parents were living in Oklahoma. After we lived  in Texas for about a year my parents were transferred to Texas. Even though we weren't in the same cities we were only about a few hours apart. Chris and I moved back to the small town that I grew up in after being in Texas for a total of 5 years. Well, guess what? After living in Texas for 5 years themselves my mom and dad are moving back to the same small town! This is where my dad grew up and this is where they have decided to retire. They closed on the house the will be theirs for the rest of their lives on Friday! It is a older home but has a ton of potential! Mom and Dad have let me totally take control and make all of the decisions. I cant wait to see my vision come to life.
And here it is!  We are going to do most of the yard work this spring since the inside needs so much work, but we did clear some trees today.
Before!
And after. I know it looks like a tornado has hit, but I promise it looks a lot better.
I will blog about our progress as we go. We are tackling one room at a time. We are starting with the living room. Yesterday I painted the ceiling so we could hang the new ceiling fan today.
Old ceiling fan
New ceiling fan!
We are re-texture the walls and painting the walls Bungalow Gold.
This is the living room before.

Mom cleaning the windows but you can see that I have textured the walls up to the top of the window. After all of the texture we will start on the trim. I would like to take all of the trim back a cherry wood color, but it had been painted over so many times. I am gonna have to figure a way to do a paint technique that makes it look like real wood. After that we will re sand the floor and stain. We ordered the new front door and storm door yesterday but it won't be here for a few weeks. I will keep you posted on our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment