Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Family Trip - Another Foster Injury!

It has been so nice being off of work for a entire week! Don't get me wrong I really do love both of my jobs, but it is nice to have a break! I kept teasing Chris that I wasn't going back to work, and he made sure that I knew what his point of view was! It's always WORK, WORK, WORK with Chris. He always says " Ya don't make money if ya don't go to work."
Kendra had 5 days off also so she came home on Thursday. She laid out by the pool for a while then came in and took a nap. I offered to take her out to eat but she just wanted to chill at home, which was fine by me. This night was no exception for the rest of the week. I decided to try a new recipe. This time it was Shrimp Enchiladas.
After dinner we headed over to Chad and Kristi's. We all were heading to the lake for the weekend on Friday, so I wanted to get with Kristi about what food we needed to bring. Later that night I headed home to bake some cookies to take and I am glad I did because every time that Colton would eat one he would tell me "These are my Favorite!"
Friday morning Chris and Chad went on over to Ponca so they could golf before heading to the lake house, and Kristi had to work till noon so Kendra offered to babysit until Kristi got off. Well Brooklyn was all gung ho, but not Colton, he went to work with his mom. Kendra and Brooklyn swam in the pool most of the morning, then it was off to the lake house.
What would a trip in the car be without a little Mickey D's!

When we got there I figured that Chris and Chad would already be on the water. Nope I was wrong, they were actually working around the house.
It wasn't long though, and we were headed for a evening boat ride!
I'm not real sure why Colton is giving me a thumbs down, because he was so ready to get on the boat.

 This little boy cracks me up! He is literally on the run every waking moment! Even when he is throwing one of his fits he cracks me up with some of the things he says!
See what I mean! He is just sooo funny.

After we got off of the lake Kristi had supper ready for everyone. She made Steak, Corn on the cob and Potatoes with Butter, Onion, Squash and Zucchini. It was really good.
Later that evening Kristi took my kids on the golf cart to meet some of the neighbors. That ended up to not be such a great idea. At some point along the ride Kendall fell off. By the looks of him you would think that he was thrown out of a car going 40 MPH! He is one big road rash and we still aren't sure if he broke his foot or not. I am expecting a call from the Dr. Tuesday or Wednesday.
Right knee!
Left knee!
And this is the foot the may be broken. Can you tell he has no ankle.

Needless to say this is how Kendall spent most of his Saturday on the lake.
Poor guy! I swear it was the hottest day of the summer too!

Even though some of us got hurt, sunburned and are so sore that we feel like 97 year old women I will say this weekend was a lot of fun. Thanks the Chad and Kristi Cink family for the good times. And Thank you to the Rob and Heidi Keller family for taking care of Odie and Kloie while we were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment