Monday, August 23, 2010

Productive Weekend

This weekend was a productive weekend for me. Because we stayed home all weekend I was able to catch up on some chores around the house. Friday I had the day off and Chris had to work until 11:00 so I decided that I would get a jump start on the yard work. I can spend hours in the yard. I think it is relaxing and it looks so good when I get done.
Friday night we went out for a few drinks with Chad and Kristi. We always have a great time when we are with them. We laugh a lot together and can have fun if we are out at the lake or just hanging out around the house. Some friendships that I have I feel that I am the one doing all of the work even though we have known each other for YEARS! That's not the case with Chad and Kristi, we can just get together and seem to go with the flow and it's a two way friendship not just one that is one sided.

Saturday Morning the Hubs went golfing of course and I slept in. When I woke up he was already home. I got started on the Ironing that had been piling up and since I made the boys clean their rooms I had laundry out the booty! And believe me I am not kidding here is the proof.
This is all of the ironing I did. 4 shorts, 2 shirts, 2 pants, & 4 skirts.

And here is the mountain of laundry. All clean:)
While my weekend was productive some people around the house can't say the same thing.
Kloie and Odie having a lazy Saturday. I love these dogs. I almost forgot, they both got a bath while I was waiting on laundry.
And guess who else had him a lazy day!
The Hubs:)
He is gonna kill me if he knows I put this picture on here, but I think it is hilarious. (Kloie was asleep too until I started to take the picture.)

Update on Jake: As I am writing this he is on his way to Medford. He is finally out of the hospital! He is coming to stay with his mom and dad for a few days just to regain some of his strength. He still has a lot of recovering to do. He still has staples from ear to ear and his vision isn't 100% but they hope that it will correct itself. Amen! Thanks for the prayers for this family and please continue to pray for his recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Can you send your "laundry fairy" to my house? :) I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete