Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Fall here at Fosterville!

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the colors of fall and of course the Weather! It is definitely apparent with the colors that I choose to decorate with. My house is full of Harvest Gold, Greens and Browns. I started dragging out my fall things last Wednesday. As soon as the Hubs got home he told me I was insane! It is only the middle of September! I told him " I don't care I am the one doing all the decorating and I am way past ready for Fall!" LOL! I WIN:)
MY FRONT DOOR!
I lined both of my flower beds with an assortment of  7 lighted pumpkins. I put orange lights in the fall foliage around the door and also in the 2 large shrubs in front of the living room window.
That's just a little of the outside. Now let's move on inside. This is what you see when you walk directly into my front door.
This lighted Haunted House was my Grandma's. It was always my favorite of her decorations when I was a little girl so it is always place front and center in my home now.
I just love the little black spiders. They have glitter on them and I have placed 9 of them in different spots in the living room and the kitchen. Just a little random fun! That's about it for the entryway. From the entryway you will turn left and you are in our living room.
This is the view from the entry.

This is where the Hubs spends most of his time.
This is the view from behind the T.V.
And this is the view from behind the Hubs chair.
Now these are just a few pictures of my fall decor. Enjoy!
Yes that is a picture of my beautiful daughter in the background ( next to the weather radio. HAHAHA! We live in Oklahoma's Tornado Alley)
Notice one of my little black spiders on the lamp!
This is my Pottery Barn Outlet find. I have a desk that matches it but I have no room in this house for it so for now it is stored in my garage. (Anyone looking to buy an awesome Pottery Barn Desk?)
As you can see from the earlier picture's I have 2 book shelves on each side of my fireplace. It has been a challenge for me to decorate them and I still am not satisfied with them. The Hubs wants to hang a flat screen T.V. on each side so you could either watch the same game or 2 different games at the same time. I think it would be a little T.V. overload if you ask me. What do you think? Anyway here are my fall decorations on each side.
HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!
I know that some of you check in to see the progress we have made on my mom and dad's house, but to tell you the truth I have been out of commission since Friday. I had a pinched nerve in my left hip. The pain was so bad that I shed several tears this weekend and could hardly walk at times. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a busy body and it totally drives me crazy when I am taken out by injury and sickness. Needless to say, I have not been to work at Mom and Dads for a while. Dad did take some pictures of what he and mom got done this weekend. They have a great front porch and love to spend time visiting and just sitting on the porch listening to the small town church bells and the birds that have made their trees home. Dad plans on tearing down this porch and rebuilding a new one but it was driving mom crazy that the paint was all chipped so they painted the columns and banisters this weekend.
BEFORE.
Here you can see all of the chipped paint.
And AFTER!
Yes we know we still have a lot of work to do but it is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do!
While I'm at it I thought I would post some before and after's of the yard. I feel like we hadn't done much until I saw the pictures again tonight.
BEFORE.
I swear I thought I was going to find a body while clearing out the front flowerbed. I pulled out some shoes, a bout a 6 pack of un-opened beer (various brand) and plenty of toys.
AFTER!
I hope everyone has a great weak and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your house is gorgeous, really loved it this evening when we came to dinner, but I always know you turn any room into a showcase. Keep it up! Grandma would be very proud as I am also. Can't believe the pictures of the house before and after that you put up, it sure did make a difference. Love ya Sweetie! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the virtual tour of your home, very festive!! Your house is pretty and hommy! Thanks for sharing! Love, Renee Soper

    ReplyDelete