Monday, June 7, 2010

Another busy weekend


I think that I find myself saying this every Monday " Weekends just are not long enough!" And this weekend is no exception. Chris has started a new schedule at work and he gets off at 11:00 A.M. every Friday. I work from 8 to 4:30 on Friday. Every since we lived in Texas Chris has had this thing about saving cans to recycle. It seemed to work out good in Texas because just around the corner was a recycling center and it was easy just to throw the bags in the back of the truck on a Saturday and go cash them in. We have lived back in Medford for 2 1/2 years now and have saved cans the entire time. If you know us you know that we go through a lot of cans! I was really getting sick of looking in the back yard by the shed and only being able to focus on the mountain of black sacks full of cans.

Our personal mountain, I call it "RED NECK MOUNTAIN"

Chris loaded up the cans on Friday after he got off of work and headed to Enid to cash them in. Over 500 lbs of cans! Really? Really! He came home with over $250.00!  Who knew that you could make over $100.00 a year just for drinking beer and pop! After I got off of work Chris and I headed to our favorite spot. You guessed it, "Los Potros." Kendall was in Woodward for the K101 Classic Bowl and Kaleb was at the lake with friends so it was just Chris and me.


This is one of my 3 favorite meals. Chili Colorado with cheese sauce.



And this is my beverage of choice! 

After dinner we stopped by my cousin Rob's house since I hadn't seen the girls in a week. I am very attached to those girls and I don't go more than a week without seeing them. I am so blessed to be a part of their lives and they will brighten my day no matter what! I love when I walk through the door and they all 3 come running to me and yelling my name. I can't get enough of it. And did I mention they are the most beautiful girls in the world (along with my own daughter of course)
Saturday Chris and I got up and did the yard work. I know that I love yard work a lot more that Chris does. I can always find something to do in the yard and when Chris is done, well he's done. I finished pulling weeds while he took a dip in the pool. While I was doing yard work I got a call from my Boss and my friend Deana, she had her daughter Heather and her granddaughter Hadlea ( who I must say needs to be in the group with my 3 little girls and my daughter, ) She wondered if they could come swim for a while. Chris and I were leaving for the football game at 2:00 so they came on over.

\
Need I say more! She is beautiful.

At around 2:30 we headed to Woodward for Kendall's ball game. My Little Sister Sharla live's there and my nephew Taylor was selected to play in the K101 Classic Band. It was so fun to have a football player and a band member representing the family!

The annual K101 Classic Bowl!

A crane waving the Red, White, & Blue!

Flying in the USA Flag before the game.

We met my sister Sharla, my niece Shayln, & my cousin Rob and went to the game. It was pretty hot until the sun went down. But after that it wasn't too bad and there weren't any biting bugs!

Kendall is there on the end # 8.

My nephew Taylor. The one with the long black hair.

My baby boy. I love this picture.

Kendall is on the far side 3rd one in with the red tape on his shoe's.

After the game we went back to my sister's house and just had some family time. I finally gave in around 2:30. I think Rob and Sharla stayed up till around 5:00.

Sunday we all got up at different times and wandered on into the living room. Chris went to Mickey D's to get us all breakfast, them we just sat around and watched a couple of movies. My nephew Taylor is in a band. It's a rock band named the "Pursuit" He is very talented and I believe he will make something of himself with his music. Not everyone loves Rock music, including me, but watching him play is awesome. I loved it.


All in all a awesome weekend. And some beautiful scenery on the way home.




No comments:

Post a Comment