Friday, June 1, 2012

Pain in the Neck!

I am 41 years old and I have never been to the Chiropractor. I have never had the need to. To tell you the truth, I have always been afraid to. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...RIGHT? Well, it finally broke!! I went to bed Wednesday night perfectly fine. When I woke up Thursday I had a slight pain on the right side of my spine, under my sholder blade. I thought nothing about it...I've given birth to a 12 pound kid with no medication... I can handle pain!!Ha Ha...or so I thought! Just a few hours later my pain level was at about a 5. Lonnie had talked about how great going to the Chiropractor is and when I told him I was hurting he asked if I would go. I thought...what the heck. We loaded up and headed out only to get there to find out that they don't open until 4 pm! Oh well...OK, so we came back to the studio. 4 pm rolls around and we are the first one's in the door. The doctor does x-rays and some other test and come to find out I have a pinched nerve and a vertebrae out of place. He said the vertebrae seems to be an old injury. REALLY? I never even knew it! Anyway, he put me on the stim machine for 15 minutes and the adjusted me. I could feel it go into place instantly! It was amazing! I left there feeling so much better. Lonnie had to work an event that night so I stayed at the cave and decided to spring clean! If you know me you know spring clean means cleaning out cabinets, drawers, dressers, closets...etc. By 8 pm I could hardly move!!! My pain was so bad that I even cried!! Lonnie had to help me roll over durning the night and as you can imagine I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. I was suppose to be back in the chiropractor's office at 11 am but Lonnie called them first thing this morning and they told him to bring me in ASAP! They put me on the stim machine again and he adjusted me again but said it was mainly just muscle tension from the pain I was in the day before. He massaged it and sent me back to the cave and made me promise I would NOT do anything today and told me to be back at his office at 4:30 this afternoon! OK...thanks doc!! I did what he said and I do feel a lot better!!! I must say that I had a great experience with my first visit to the chiropractor!!! I hope to be back in the sing of things tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment